 |
| Hello everyone! |
We are settling in here in sunny (snowy) Bismarck and heavily in the house hunt. We put an offer in on a house north of town that was second in line and the people that got there first won. Darnit! It just means something better will come up, it just has to.
Miss Ella has sprouted a few more teeth and has taken her first steps. Pretty exciting stuff if you ask me, but of course that would be because I am her mom. With all of the teething, there is an enormous amount of drool. Even more than at five months when I thought it was really out of hand. So we go nowhere without a bib and burp cloth because it's a river out there.

We enrolled Ella in swim lessons at the Y. The class she is in is for 6 months to three years so you can imagine the variety of skill levels. She and dad mostly float around, occasionally use a bar to float with and chase balls around. She really seems to enjoy it and I just really want to her to enjoy the water. Aunt Sarah is taking her this week so I am sure she will come home knowing how to do a back flip off the high dive.
 |
| Floating around |
|
|
I have gotten myself involved with the local foods movement and will not let a small issue of not having a backyard stop me from having a garden this year. With that, I have reserved a 20' X 20' plot at the Mandan Community Garden and have already started my tomato, pepper and cabbage seeds. The corner of our bedroom has turned in to a miniature greenhouse. I am looking forward to thawing soil and growing things this year. Hopefully I will be somewhat successful.
Kevin is enjoying his new job and spending a fair amount of time out in the field. Surveying in the snow is super fun he tells me. I think he is being sarcastic.
Ella and I are planning a trip to California next month to visit friends and we are really looking forward to it. I am telling people it is to come and visit, but really it's to eat. The list is long, but I think we can do it. Peet's, Bakesale Betty, Los Panchos, any good Indian food, etc, etc, etc! California here we come!
Ella's Corner
Some of my favorite things!
 |
| Grinning |
 |
| My rugby ball |
 |
| Helping mom cook |
 |
| Hanging upside down |
 |
| Eating |
 |
| Did I mention the grinning? |
 |
| Laughing |
And walking
Until next time......
No comments:
Post a Comment