Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Avon Walk 2011

Some of you may know that I participate in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer event every other year.  I took last year off for obvious reasons, but am back at it this year.  I have walked in San Francisco three times previously and selected the Rocky Mountains walk this year as we were able to drive to it.  The Martin's along with Grandma Margie had an excellent time in Breckenridge and points in between.

Day one had us driving through South Dakota and Wyoming on our way to Ft. Collins, CO.  The joys of our first trip to the park were experienced in Bowman, ND.

Ella wanted to make sure my day pack for the walk was up to the task.

It's a little big
Can I put my water in here too?


















We figured that since we were so close, we just had to stop and New Belgium and see what those guys were up to.  So, on day two:

We discovered that they slide



From there we trekked up to Breckenridge to get used to the altitude before the big weekend.  The walk started in Keyston and would around Lake Dillon to Frisco on day one for a total of 26.2 miles.

I walk for....


Not too shabby in the scenery department

Getting closer

10 Mile Canyon - Frisco
.2 to go!
Yahoo, now I can take my shoes off!
















































































Day two went from Frisco to Breckenridge for another 13.1 miles.  My feet suffered the most as usual, but it was a beautiful walk and I had the best pit crew out there!

More great scenery

Jon Hockhalter lookalike

Almost there

I did it!












Best pit crew ever!
I would like to thank all of my sponsors for helping me reach my fundraising goal.  For some reason I let my husband talk me in to doing it again next year under the premise of "getting back on schedule", getting to see Washington DC and his company on the walk.  Oh, what have I done!  If any one wants to meet us in DC the first weekend of May next year, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment