I have been absent a little too long, this I know. My plan had been to write a quick post last week before we left for Washington DC, but time was not on my side. So here I am and here is the story of our last couple of weeks.
A little bit of background for you, I participate in and fund raise for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer every two years. There is a large fundraising commitment and an equally large walk involved so every two years has been plenty for me. I have walked in San Francisco three times and you may remember from
this post that I walked in Colorado last year. Somehow my husband talked me in to walking again this year. His rationale that I was a year off due to the birth of our daughter made sense to my delirious mind at the end of last years walk so we signed up. There are nine walks throughout the year and we selected Washington DC. Our reasons were: neither of us had been there, it was early enough in garden season to not end up too far behind the weeds and grandma was available.
 |
| Kevin at the finish line on Day 1 - 26.2 miles |
Another fabulous part of this walk was the addition of two people to our group of walkers. My friend Deb, who has walked with me twice before, and her ten year survivor mom decided to walk with us too. Being able to walk with the woman I have walked for in all of my previous walks was an inspiration and Colleen's Crew completed the challenge in fine form!
 |
| Colleen's Crew |
I would like to thank all of my sponsors and supporters in helping make our fundraising efforts so successful and to grandma for letting munchkin take over for a week.
 |
| Home stretch on Day 2 - 13.1 miles |
 |
| At the finish line |
I love that last picture!!
ReplyDeleteThanks , Annie. We are big fans of the self portrait in this family.
Delete