Quite the week at Casa de Martin. Ella ended up with a 24 hour bug that knocked her on her butt. In true Ella fashion, she bounced right back the next day.
The end of the week found us heading to Fargo for the annual Local Foods conference. This conference is put on by the Department of Agriculture and the North Dakota Farmers Market and Growers Association. I attended this conference last year shortly after we moved from California. I enjoyed last year, but this year was inspirational. There is no better time of year for this event. We are gearing up for spring planting by planning our gardens and getting seeds ordered and this gives us more motivation that ever to get out there and grow things.
Our good friends, Jon and Sara, were kind enough to hang out with Ella while we were gone. They have a piano. Ella loves pianos and played theirs at Christmas. Even though we showed up at 10:30 and Ella was groggy from sleep, the first word out of her mouth was piano. That crazy kid! It appears there was much piano playing while we were gone.
As I mentioned previously, we are in the throes of garden planning for the season and while I am still nervous, I am so excited about what is to come. I met people that I will be selling at market with this summer and could not be looking more forward to seeing them every week.
Prepare yourselves folks, Farmer Lori from Ever Green Farm is going to be sharing more than you may want to know about starting transplants, prepping beds, seeding, weeding and harvesting in the coming months.
Today on my way home from town I had the windows down in my car (IN FEBRUARY!!!!!), was thoroughly enjoying my new CD from The Greencards and reflecting on the last two days of local foods joy. I could not have envisioned being in this position a year ago, but here we are and here we go!
And just for your viewing pleasure.....

No comments:
Post a Comment