Things are a little different here than they were in California. There is a lot more open space, it gets a bit cold in the winter and our growing season is very short. We also get to have "illegal" fireworks on the Fourth of July. I say illegal because in California, government officials don't trust the general population enough to let them have the good stuff. Here, we can buy Roman Candles by the dozen, boxes of fireworks with labels that say, "WARNING: Shoots Flaming Balls" and more.
I did not know about these fireworks last year and found out on a late evening drive home. Shock and awe is the phrase I would use. This year, we had a visitor from California over the holiday and he made me take these pictures:
 |
| 16,000 crackers!! How long would this take to blow up? |
 |
| Roman Candles |
 |
| Interesting warning message |
No comments:
Post a Comment