Saturday, July 28, 2012

Canning and Eating!

I recently came in to a couple of large tubs of beets.  We like beets in this house.  I canned several pints last year, but we discovered that a pint is not enough for dinner (munchkin ate them all) and there weren't enough pints in the basement.  This year, we have canned 10 quarts so far and I am thinking I will take a stab at beet pickles this week.  The point of this story is that I had some help canning in the form of the pint beet eater and she wanted to show us her new apron.









One thing we are not growing this year is sweet corn.  We have popcorn, red popcorn at that, but it just does not satisfy munchkin the way the sweet stuff does.  We purchased some sweet corn at the farmers market this morning and it is a hit, clearly.......



No comments:

Post a Comment